Finishing your basement is a vital project for your home. However, it can also be quite expensive, which is why you need to make sure that it is done right the first time. Do-overs because of mistakes do not just waste time, but also money. That’s why you need to know how to find the right contractor.
Tips When Choosing a Contractor
Here are some things you need to consider when looking for Basement Renovation Contractors in Farmington CT.
- Determine what you can and cannot afford before you even start looking for a contractor.
- Don’t base your decision on the contractor’s price. Take the time to look over the company’s portfolio by looking at the photos of their previous work so you can assess the contractor’s quality of service.
- Check online reviews and ratings on trustworthy sites like HomeStars.
- Make sure to check a contractor’s license and insurance information.
- Basement Renovations in Farmington CT are often a lengthy project, so you need to make sure that the company you choose knows how to communicate and will respect your wishes.
Questions to Ask a Contractor
Here are some critical questions to ask a contractor to make sure that they are the right fit for your project.
- How long have you been in the industry?
- Are you licensed and insured
- Will this project need a permit, and will you help me get one?
- How long do you think the project will take?
- Is your company a specialty-basement or full-service firm?
- Will I get a detailed scope of work, drawing, and guaranteed price?
- Do you offer cost options for different types of materials?
- Do you have past or current clients I can contact?
It should be an automatic red flag if a contractor avoids answering most of these questions, especially if they cannot provide you with any references regarding their past jobs.
Connect with Basement Finish Pros on Facebook for more information.